Brothers and Sisters,
Thank you for all your hard work over the last several weeks to help us defeat “Right to Work” (RTW) legislation in New Hampshire. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Many legislators are recognizing that RTW deprives workers of their freedom to form strong unions, which could cost our families about $10,000 per year and increase the likelihood of workplace fatalities by as much as 49%.
The new RTW legislation is scheduled for a public hearing in the New Hampshire State House on Thursday, March 25 at 10 AM. This is our opportunity to make clear that anti-worker legislation has no place in the Granite State.
We urge every member who is able to testify to the House Labor Committee against RTW by following these steps:
- Visit the NH House of Representatives General Court website.
- Select the date of the hearing: March 25.
- Select the committee: “House Labor, Industrial and Rehabilitative Services.”
- Choose the Bill: “10:00 am – SB61.”
- Select “Member of the Public” under the “I am” dropbox.
- Fill in the content box under “I’m Representing” with “Myself.”
- Check the circle stating “I Oppose this Bill.”
- If you wish to speak during the hearing to present your testimony, check the box next to “I Wish to Speak on this Bill.”
- Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page to enter your contact information and submit your opposition and/or request to testify.
If you’re unable to attend the hearing, you may also submit written testimony to the House Labor Committee. Email your comments to HouseLaborIndustrialAndRehabilitativeServices@leg.state.nh.us.
On Thursday, March 25 at 10 AM, you can watch a livestream of the hearing.
Thank you again for helping us protect Granite State families.